Tuesday, January 26, 2010




multiple full-body goosebump moments

Driving down 280 in my Prius Plug-in Zipcar today, I heard this remarkable conversation on NPR.

I'll have a lot to say about it, for sure. But I wanted to just put the word out.

Here is the NPR lede:

Jeremy Rifkin
European adviser and author Jeremy Rifkin challenges the notion that people are innately selfish and materialistic. In his new book, "The Empathic Civilization: The Race to Global Consciousness in a World in Crisis," he alleges that our future rests on our ability to function as an empathic society. We talk with Rifkin about his call for a "third Industrial Revolution."


If that's the revolution, then I guess that makes me the new Lenin!

I'm serious, it's great stuff. I already bought the book (for my Kindle, of course :)).

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics Clicky Web Analytics