Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Longtime MoIer Jeremy Mascia is acting in this thing called ShortLived, sort of a playwright's reality show. Info below.
I'm in a play called Shortlived; after a successful debut last weekend I would like to let everyone know about it.
PianoFight Productions presents a night of fully staged, short plays, by a myriad of writers, where each piece is scored by the audience. The two lowest scoring pieces are then replaced two weeks later by two brand new fully staged shorts. The writer who's script(s) receive the longest run / highest raw score will be offered a four week run of an original full length play, to be produced by PianoFight, in Studio 250 at Off-Market.
The opening piece to every performance is an actual audition of someone we've never met, to become a member of PianoFight's company.
- Line-ups and results will be posted on pianofight.com
- Anyone who brings a script to be considered for "ShortLived" will only pay half price to see the show
- Someone from the audience could end up being a writer for "ShortLived"
- The audience will choose the writer of a full length PianoFight production
- All submission of all formats/styles (under 30 pages) will be considered
- So far, all writers have responded to submission calls on CraigsList
- Go fuck yourself.
- Just kidding. Wanted to make sure you were still paying attention
Megan Cohen, Richard Ciccarone, Geneva Lorraine Fiore, Luz Gaxiola, Brett Hursey, Ashley Perryman, Rob Ready, Chelsea Sutton, Dan Williams and more to come …
Bennie Bell, Diana Brown, Christy Crowley, Victor DeLucie, Heather Goddard, Stefanie Goldstein, Nina Harada, Jennifer Jaleh, Kat Kniesel, Jeremy Mascia, Eric Reid, Rob Ready, Farrah Saunders, John Steen, Dan Williams and more to come …
Gabi Patacsil, Rob Ready, Eric Reid
"I thought that the event was a highly creative one. The plays were mostly excellent (two, I thought, were mediocre), but the audience got to vote on the plays! Nice involvement. I thought they were thoughtfully staged and acted as well." 4/4 stars
"Hilarious! Super acting to boot! Can't wait to see it again in a few weeks to see how it has morphed." 3/4 stars
Hope you all can make it out (i don't want to be voted off just yet), or if you have a short, contribute.
More info: http://pianofight.com
Tickets at brownpapertickets.com
OK, have a good one.
Posted by Andrew Wood Acting Studio at 11:44 AM